Monday 20 September 2010

Inokashira Park



Today I had a day of shopping and walking with Penny around Kichijyouji (吉祥寺) and Inokashira Park (井の頭公園); my favourite part of Tokyo :)It's one of the rare bits of Tokyo which has some of this rare green plant called 'grass' in it.

Today was a national holiday in Japan, so there were alot of people around and rowing in the lake. I remember when I tried rowing there last year I was scared in case I hit one of the ducks with the oars. However, the Japanese seemed intent on trying to kill them all. Luckily I didn't see them get any...

If you ever need a cheap day out in Tokyo, Inokashira is a good place to come. There is also a zoo in the park, but I haven't got round to going in it yet. Maybe next time...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds nice! Dunno if you went there on previous trips, but i recommend Ueno Park too. It even has a zoo (although we never saw that, can't remember if it was shut or we just didn't have time).

    Worth a look if you fancy another trip to a park sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went there. The panda had died! Although I hear China are lending them another one (or two)!

    ReplyDelete