Sunday 10 July 2011

Festival and Tsurukawa


Spent Saturday seeing Mark and Makoto. First we went to Ueno (north east Tokyo) to see some festival called Tanabata or something (I forget. This blog is very informative...). Something to do with stars I think. It was very near the newly built Tokyo Sky Tree - at 634 metres the highest tower in the world which is going to serve as a television broadcasting thing next year. I say it was very near but because its so big we could've been miles away :p

The festival was ok but I got sunburnt. The best bit was playing some game where you had to get some fish out of a paddling pool with a paper spoon. I managed to get 7 but some kid next to me had 20.... It was crazily hot so we had kakigoori かき氷 for lunch which is just ice and flavoured sauce on top.

Then we went off to Tsurukawa, Makoto's home in south west Tokyo. With air con we got our appetite back and ate a lot.

Also I felt my biggest earthquake this morning. Apparently it was in the same place as the last once but was only a 7.0 on the scale. Anyway things swayed violently for 10 seconds and then it all stopped. Quite fun but I'd like a bigger one.

The end!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm what is the food in the bottom picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonkatsu

    ReplyDelete