Sunday 31 October 2010

Meiji Festival


This weekend is the Meiji Festival - celebrating 130 years since the university was first founded. It's supposed to run over the weekend for 3 days but it has been raining pretty much all week - until today!

There were lots of little food stalls outside offering (mostly) horrible looking food. Inside were classrooms filled with each of the University club's showcases. My favourite was the 4 strange guys in the train circle who were obsessed with trains.

I left after 20 minutes or so because I felt ill. I seem to have picked up every single cold going in the last few weeks and the current one is pretty bad. Not as bad as man flu though. Worse than child birth, so I've heard.

I prefer the school fairs in the days of Sandridge primary school. There was a fire truck and everything. I think...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the Sandridge school fair ...happy memories. There was a fire engine one year, and a police motorbike another year, and always a homemade cake stall. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. I haven't got anything worthwhile to comment, but didn't want you to think your entries weren't getting read, keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete