Monday 11 October 2010

Hirabayashi House



Went to the Hirabayashi house yesterday. It was the first time I'd seen the parents without anybody to back me up and help me with the Japanese. But I managed ok :) Had some yakiniku. With the rare Japanese treat of fruit and vegetables. I've hardly bought any here because of the prices. For example, a single tomato is about 90p...

It's quite a long journey and on the way there I had to wait on a train for about 40 minutes at a station. I'm not sure why it stopped; the announcements were all in foreign...

4 comments:

  1. Looks nice :)
    I've had a similar meal in Japan, and although that was at a restaurant, I like the way when done at home too it takes the cooking part and makes it into a social thing, where you can do it in the middle of the table while you all sit around talking rather than having someone stuck out in the kitchen.

    And Japanese trains running with delays? Whatever next! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you liked fruit & vegetables!

    ReplyDelete